Saturday, April 6th, is our last workday, the concrete “Pour Day”.
We’ll gather at the site around 8:00 am Central time to begin work. That’s an hour earlier than last week.
Work will include:
1. Blowing the remaining dirt or water out of all the holes.
2. Spraying a catalyst into all the holes.
3. Shoveling any remaining concrete debris.
4. Shoveling/raking/troweling concrete into the holes.
5. Smoothing/finishing the concrete
6. Spraying the 'finish' sealant on all the holes.
7. Cleaning up any droppings of concrete before they harden.
8. Cleaning up all the equipment
Tools you can bring:
1. Flat nosed shovels
2. Pointy nosed shovels
3. Concrete finishing tools
5. Knee pads (especially important)
6. Safety glasses
7. Heavy gloves or waterproof gloves
Put on sunscreen and Chapstick, or whatever you prefer for skin protection. Wear a hat, don’t get sunburned, or you’ll be spending your retirement at skin doctors.
Send a note to MacKenzi Crowe and let her know you’ll be there. firstname.lastname@example.org
Working all of this day will qualify you for a bonus run in all our autocross events. If you worked the Dig Day you’ll be earning a second run when you work on Pour Day.
Only rain will cause the postponement of this work day.
If it rains we will work on Saturday the 13th.