The Mid-American Air Center(MAAC), or known by the club members as “Lawrenceville”, is our main autocross facility located in Lawrenceville, Illinois.
Some features of this venue include:
- Our portion of concrete is rather large by most autocross course standards, allowing most setups to provide runs in the one minute range.
- Configurations can include an Event Marshall’s choice of multiple slalom areas, room for Chicago boxes, increasing or decreasing radius turns, “Choose Your Own Adventure” loops, crossovers, and much more.
- Our Timing and Scoring is housed in a moveable trailer, so start and finish line can move around to suit the Event Marshall’s plans for the day’s course.
- Plenty of room for car haulers and multiple ground anchors are available in paddock for securing a tent.
Unless specifically mentioned on the Calendar of Events, the time schedule for MAAC events is:(All times listed below are Central. If you are going to be late call Paul @ 270-314-9069)
- 9:30 AM – Course Setup
- 10:00 AM – Tech Inspection opens
- 10:30 AM – Registration opens
- 11:30 AM – Tech Inspection CLOSES!
- 12:00 Noon – Registration CLOSES!
- 12:10 PM – Guided Course Walk, open to all but “new to autocross” people are strongly encouraged to participate. Walk begins at the Staging Line.
- 12:45 PM – Driver’s Meeting
- 1:00 PM – First car off!
Course Planning Map:
Map of MAAC: